Developing the whole student. Achieving excellence in academics, athletics, and the arts.
We envision the community sharing responsibility for the
development of goal-driven, fair-minded, respectful, and honest
students, who appreciate life-long learning, who are mindful of the
needs of others, and who embrace diversity.
- We value the belief that students as our primary focus.
- We value the belief that everyone can learn when they feel valued, accepted and respected.
- We value the belief that monitoring, assessing, and adjusting
school program objectives is required for the continual improvement
of our educational effort.
- We value personal and professional accountability.
- We value fiscal responsibility.
- We value the belief that if we challenge and support all students
and staff they will have the opportunity to reach their potential.
- We value the belief in meeting the diverse needs of all students.
- We value the belief that every student has the ability to make a contribution to society.
- We value staff excellence and effective instruction.
- We value learning as a life-long process.
- We value learning as a partnership among schools, families, and community.
- We value the belief in providing well-rounded educational experiences in the areas of academics, athletics and the arts.
- We value effective, timely and accurate communication between homes, schools, and community
The Fairview School District recognizes the value of the
Pennsylvania Academic Standards as a foundation to a great
education. All of the curricula delivered to our students are
aligned to these standards. We do not feel that additional standards
are warranted as these represent a composite of a quality
education. We intend to continue to use the PA Academic Standards as a
framework of our curricula and program for the duration of this
Equal Opportunity Statement
The Fairview School District is an equal opportunity education
district and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
religion, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin,
or disability in its activities, programs, or employment practices
as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of
the Education Amendments of 1972, The Age Discrimination and
Employment Act of 1967, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973,
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Family and Medical
Leave Act of 1993, Equal Pay Act of 1993, the Pennsylvania Human
Relations Act, and Erie County Human Relations Ordinance, Ordinance
No. 59 of 2004.
Questions regarding this matter should be referred to Erik
Kincade, Compliance Officer, 7460 McCray Road, Fairview, PA 16415.
Phone (814) 474-2600.