COUNSELING SERVICES INFORMATION
FHS Guidance Department
Counseling services are an integral part of the educational program and are available to all students within the school. The aim is to aid in developing each individual’s full intellectual and social potential and to help in his or her achieving maturity and self-responsibility. Counselors assist all students with educational, personal, and social problems so they may perform as well as possible in the high school environment. Specifically by not limited, counselors will:
1. Have a key role in student scheduling
2. Meet with their designated students individually as needed
3. Present post-secondary options to parents and students as well as aid students in
the college search, application, and financial aid process
4. Familiarize parents and students with the programs available at the Erie County
Technical School and college courses through the RCI program
5. Participate in Students At Risk team (STAR) meetings and cases
6. Participate in IEP meetings for students with special needs
7. Help coordinate, advertise, and administer all testing: PSAT, SAT, AP, and Keystone
8. Coordinate and advertise scholarship applications for students
9. Provide emotional and social counseling and provide advice on community
resources to families and students
Mrs. Crawford-Works with students with last names M-Z.
Mrs. Jensen- Works with students with last names A-L.
Mrs. Tann-Guidance Secretary
A student who wants a conference may stop at the guidance office to arrange an appointment. Attention to walk-ins will be given depending on availability. Students must always obtain permission of the classroom teacher if a class is to be missed.